OUR HISTORY

On the night of April 24, 1896, a small group of firefighters from the "Eagle Hook and Ladder Company Number 1 of Darien", which was formed a year earlier, gathered at an old livery stable to discuss the formation of a fire department to better protect the citizens of the western part of Darien, known as Noroton. Led by James Bennett, George Dugdale, the Hindley brothers and the Williamson brothers, the first meeting of the "Volunteer Hook and Ladder Fire Company of Noroton," later to become known as the "Noroton Fire Department", was called to order.

Read More